FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
16-Keys of Versatility and Cordless Mobility Now Available in Datalogic Scanning’s PowerScan® PM8300-DK
Eugene, Oregon, April 06, 2009 – Datalogic Scanning is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new PowerScan® PM8300-DK, a cordless laser scanner directed to customers requiring extreme mobility and versatility in manufacturing and warehouse environments. The full keypad, combined with the 4 lines x 16 characters display, significantly enhances the ability for two way communication with the host, which expands the functionality of the scanner. This enhanced functionality makes it ideal for inventory management applications as a suitable alternative to more traditional terminals. In addition, the full keypad allows for the manual entry of unreadable codes and inputting quantities, resulting in time saved for the operator. All of these new features complement the existing outstanding performance and ruggedized characteristics of the PowerScan 8300 family.
PowerScan® Products – Datalogic’s Theory of Evolution
The PowerScan PM8300-DK joins the highly acclaimed PowerScan family of industrial scanners, known for their rugged durability. “This product provides our customers with the convenience of both scanned and keyed data entry, without the premium pricing of a ruggedized PDT. Ideally suited for a wide range of applications in transportation, warehousing and retail, customers now have a reliable, cost effective alternative,” remarked Nick Tabet, Vice President of Handheld Marketing. “Datalogic’s successful patented 3GL™ Technology incorporates ‘Green Spot™’ Technology, as well as the ‘Double Good Read LED™’ Technology, distinctive characteristics of all PowerScan 8000 models, are also found in this new industrial scanner. These features, appreciated by our customers, offer the operator reliable and intuitive feedback in any working condition or noisy environment.”
PowerScan® Portfolio of Industrial Readers
The PowerScan® 8300 line is part of Datalogic Scanning’s premium offering found within the PowerScan family of rugged handheld readers. The PowerScan portfolio continues as the most complete line of industrial handheld readers available in the global market today, offering a premium and a value line, laser, linear imaging, 2D and corded or wireless technologies. If your application requires a rugged handheld reader, ask for the best – demand a PowerScan!
PowerScan® PM8300-DK Delivers Versatility in the Best Rugged Handheld Technology
• The PowerScan® PM8300-DK is equipped with a mobile phone-like keyboard. This new full alphanumeric keyboard enables the operator to manually enter unreadable codes, enter data that is not encoded into the bar code and offers greater host interactivity.
• Several operational modes are configurable. There are also four programmable function keys to further improve data input versatility.
• Batch-mode option is available, with the ability to store up to 2,000 records of up to 500 characters each.
• Available in Standard and Auto Range Laser Module, as well as ‘Multi-interface’ cradle options.
• Optional aimer driven by a ‘double click’ trigger improves performance in long distance readings, and avoids delays caused by standard ‘timeout based’ aimers.
• The PowerScan PM8300-DK offers the proven reliability and flexibility of the Datalogic STAR Cordless System™, with point-to-point, point-multipoint, and automatic roaming network configurations.
• The easily replaceable Li-ION battery exceeds 60,000 cycles (reading and transmission) which guarantees usage for more than one 8-hour shift even in extremely congested applications.
• Datalogic’s patented ‘3GL™’ Technology and the presence of a loud beeper, improves user feedback resulting in increasing the speed of scanning operations.
• The PowerScan® PM8300-DK includes industry-leading robustness and reliability in a ruggedized ergonomic design that protects your investment while reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO).
• Robust plastic and rubber case offer resistance in multiple drops, strong shocks, and repetitive tumbles while helping to prevent the scanner from slipping from the counter.
• With an IP64 rating, total protection against dust and protection against water sprayed with pressure from all directions is assured.
• Operates over a wide range of temperatures, -20 to 50 °C/-4 to 122 °F, making it ideal for harsh outdoor environments as well as indoor applications.
• PUZZLE SOLVER™ Technology, a decoding technique introduced and patented by Datalogic, allows fast and accurate reading of standard, poorly printed and damaged barcodes.
• Datalogic’s Aladdin™ Configuration Software simplifies and improves both installation and maintenance, decreasing the pain of software and firmware upgrades and bar code symbology updates.
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
• A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
• Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
• Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in the EU, USA, and many other countries and 3GL; Datalogic Aladdin; Datalogic STAR Cordless System; Double Good Read LED; Green Spot; and PUZZLE SOLVER are trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. PowerScan is a registered trademark of Datalogic Scanning Inc. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit www.scanning.datalogic.com, email email@example.com, or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.