FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Datalogic Scanning Announces the Gryphon I GBT4100 Imager – A Versatile Mobile Handheld Solution
Eugene, Oregon, January 12, 2010 – Datalogic Scanning is proud to announce the availability of the Gryphon™ GBT4100 Imager, the newest member of the highly acclaimed Gryphon family of Datalogic general purpose handheld scanners. This linear imager brings robust mobility to the retail, healthcare, banking, and light industrial markets.
“Current trends in the data capture field indicate definite increase in the usage of cordless scanners,” states Pietro Todescato, General Manager, Handheld Products Business Unit. “We are excited to offer the Gryphon GBT4100 reader to the mobile scanning marketplace. With its lightweight ergonomic form factor, market leading 325 scans/second, high resolution reading capabilities, and integrated Bluetooth® Wireless Technology, we are confident that it will meet and exceed the demands of the cordless needs of the data capture market.”
The Gryphon GBT4100 reader is suitable for many applications and demanding working environments by virtue of its enhanced IP52 environmental rating, drop resistance up to 1.8m/ 5.9 ft, and batch mode retention of up to 1200 scanned bar codes. Both automatic and manual batch modes are available. As in all Gryphon family members, the Datalogic patented ‘Green Spot’ technology is present in this new offering, providing good read feedback, and silent scanning in noisy environments. The available two-position cradle allows for hands-free scanning, as well as ‘Scan-While-Charging’ capabilities, both enhancing scanning experiences within the various retail markets. A performance that excels is supported by the maximum reading resolution, excellent scan speed, and long Li-lon battery. Increased productivity and return on investment are enhanced by the superior radio range of 30m/ 99 ft when connected to a base station, remote host downloads, point-to-point and multi-point seven device configurations and a three year warranty.
The Gryphon I GBT4100 reader joins the globally recognized Gryphon family, which represents the premium line of offerings found within Datalogic’s group of handheld readers. The Gryphon readers all feature the Datalogic Scanning patented ‘Green Spot’ for good read feedback and come with several options; corded or cordless and 1D or 2D label decoding. The cordless models offer either the Datalogic STAR Cordless System™ radio or Bluetooth® Wireless Technology.
Datalogic Scanning’s New Gryphon I GM4100 910MHz Reader Offers Scanning Mobility, Improved Productivity, Exceptional Networking
Gryphon I GBT4100 – Key Features
• Bluetooth® Wireless Technology providing 30m/99 ft. radio range when hosted through a base station; installation and management flexibility.
• Enhanced field of view, covers more applications using wider bar codes.
• Increased productivity and efficiency through reading speeds 325 scan/sec., unmatched in its competitive marketplace.
• Retention of up to 1200 scanned bar codes when scanned outside of radio range ensured by batch modes both automatic and manual.
• Scan-while-charging / Hands-free reading capability found in the two-positioned cradle, which also provides the ability to configure the workspace in the most ergonomic way.
• Robust scanning action in dusty and moist environments through the increased IP52 environmental protection rating protecting system investment.
• ‘Leash Mode’ audible signal, and the ‘Find Me’ paging button offers investment protection.
• Ensuring good read feedback with the presence of the unmatched Datalogic Scanning patented ‘Green Spot’ technology.
• 2 Multi Interface Models- USB, RS-232,Keyboard Wedge and Wand Emulation or IBM 46XX, USB and RS232.
• Installation and maintenance simplified through the Datalogic Aladdin™ Configuration Software.
• 2150mA Lithium-lon battery packs allowing for operating autonomy up to 33,000 cycles.
• Covers any POS applications now and in the future through GS1 DataBar™ reading capability.
• Solid state linear imaging technology Improves ROI with improved cost of ownership.
• Long range reading capability – up to 60.0 cm/ 23 in on 100% EAN/UPC (13 mils).
• Lightweight ergonomic form reduces operator’s fatigue.
• 3 year warranty.
• USB Compliance
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
• A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
• Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
• Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries, including the U.S.A. and the EU. Datalogic Aladdin and Datalogic STAR Cordless System are trademarks of Datalogic Scanning Group Srl. Gryphon is a trademark of Datalogic Scanning, Inc. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit www.scanning.datalogic.com, email email@example.com, or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.