Eugene, OR – November 03, 2016 – Datalogic, a global leader in Automatic Data Capture and Industrial Automation markets, and world-class producer of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors, vision systems and laser marking equipment, announces the RIDA™ DBT6400 area imager with models for retail or healthcare applications.
The RIDA DBT6400 is a cordless area imager with Bluetooth® connectivity and the ideal workmate in an ergonomic, pocket-sized form factor. The RIDA DBT6400 imager pairs easily with Android™, Apple® iOS and Windows Mobile® devices as well as standard laptops equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology. This compact area imager offers outstanding reading capabilities of 1D and 2D bar codes. Codes that are low contrast, damaged, poorly printed, or displayed with low back lighting on mobile phone screens are able to be read by the RIDA DBT6400 imager.
“The RIDA DBT6400 imager is unique with its combination of style, ergonomics, and technology. For retail it is so easy to use and fits in the palm of your hand” states Pietro Todescato, CTO of Datalogic, “Healthcare enterprises will appreciate the Disinfectant Ready and Anti-microbial enclosure that helps to combat the spread of infection.”
Important features of the RIDA DBT6400 imager include:
- Innovative, compact and lightweight design (85.0 g/3.0 oz with batteries)
- User feedback through vibration, programmable polyphonic speakers, and device illumination
- Datalogic patented ‘Green Spot’ technology for bar code good-read feedback
- Targeted scanning with 4-Dot aimer with center cross and white illumination
- Latest generation of Bluetooth wireless technology radio (BLE)
- 3 keys: Scan, Undo/keyboard and Bluetooth quick connection
- Reads per charge: 3,000+readings or 5 hours
- Batch mode stores 2,000 linear codes in memory
- Excellent depth of field and motion tolerance of 25 IPS
- External power (<3 hours) and host power (<6 hours) charging capabilities
- Healthcare models have Disinfectant Ready and Anti-microbial enclosures that are ISO22196 compliant
This versatile imager excels in retail applications such as traditional or mobile POS, assisted sales, shelf replenishment, price verification and inventory management. The healthcare model is a perfect fit for bedside point-of-care data capture and asset management.