FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Datalogic Scanning’s New Gryphon I GM4100 910MHz Reader Offers Scanning Mobility, Improved Productivity, Exceptional Networking
Eugene, Oregon, November 30, 2009 – Datalogic Scanning continues to be recognized as a leader in the global automatic data capture (ADC) market. Datalogic Scanning is mindful that the current economic climate heightens the need for intelligent and cost effective ADC solutions. Flexibility, freedom of movement, and increased productivity have become essential requirements. And, there is a clear shift towards greater mobility in today’s workplace. It is against that backdrop that we are please to announce Datalogic Scanning’s new Gryphon™ I GM4100 linear imager, a feature rich handheld mobile scanning solution. Featuring advanced linear imaging technology, the GM4100 reader offers scanning capabilities that meet the needs of various markets from retail to light industrial settings. “Over the course of the past decade Datalogic Scanning has invested heavily in the development of a complete family of cordless products to better enable our customers to enjoy further mobility in comparison to the use of traditional tethered devices,” states Pietro Todescato, General Manager, Handheld Business Unit, “By virtue of features such as the superb reading field, both in depth and width, increased bar code reading speeds, near high resolution reading capabilities, enhanced system level performance and improved ergonomics, the GM4100 reader represents a natural evolution from the cordless scanners pioneered by Datalogic 10 years ago. We are confident the winning attributes of the Gryphon Mobile GM4100 reader will enhance Datalogic Scanning’s position in the ADC market.”
The Gryphon I GM4100 reader offers unique and unmatched features confirming Datalogic Scanning’s leadership role in the area of cordless scanning. Impressive new features found in this product include a graphic display and 3-button keypad that allow real time interaction between the operator and the host. These two features, coupled with the newly introduced 2-position selectable base station yield a versatile and highly competitive scanner. Additional ‘Scan-while-Charging’ capabilities and hours of cordless operations provided by the Lithium-Ion battery pack provide extensive scanning productivity. The Batch Mode operation offers retention of up to 1200 scanned bar codes when captured outside of the radio range.
Featuring Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System™ as its communication backbone, simple to complex narrow band networks are free from Wi-Fi infrastructure interference. The Datalogic STAR-System™ is scalable, allowing point-to-point and multi-point connectivity. Up to 16 scanners can be connected to one base station.
Bi-directionality and the newly available display and keypad allow the Gryphon GM4100 imager to target a broader range of applications. Its superior radio range covers a wide working area, eliminating the restraints caused by cabled devices, and provides a safer and more efficient work environment. These features, combined with exceptional reading speeds, reading fields and a 3 year warranty produce the perfect combination of the Gryphon I GM4100 reader’s noteworthy advantages.
The Gryphon I GM4100 reader joins the globally recognized Gryphon family, which represents the premium line of offerings found within Datalogic’s group of handheld readers. The Gryphon readers all feature the Datalogic Scanning patented ‘Green Spot’ for good read feedback and come with several options; corded or cordless and 1D or 2D label decoding. The cordless models offer either the Datalogic STAR Cordless System radio or Bluetooth® Wireless Technology.
Gryphon™ I GM4100 Reader– Recognizing Customer Needs for Today and Tomorrow
• Increased productivity and efficiency through reading speeds 325 scan/sec., unmatched in its competitive marketplace.
• Optional graphic display and 3-button keypad allow two-way communication between the scanner and the host.
• Retention of up to 1200 scanned bar codes when scanned outside of radio range ensured by batch modes both automatic and manual.
• Scan-while-charging / Hands-free reading capability found in the newly introduced two-positioned cradle, which also provides the ability to configure the workspace in the most ergonomic way.
• ‘Leash Mode’ audible signal, and the ‘Find Me’ paging button offers investment protection.
• Superior radio range of 30m / 99ft. for 433 MHz and up to 15.0 m / 49.2 ft. for 910 MHz and point-to-point and point-to-multipoint connectivity, are supplied by the Datalogic STAR Cordless System.
• The ability to tie up to 16 units to one base station to meet customers’ changing needs.
• Ensuring good read feedback with the presence of the unmatched Datalogic Scanning patented ‘Green Spot’ technology.
• Robust scanning action in dusty and moist environments through the increased IP52 environmental protection rating.
• Operator’s comfort enhanced by the ergonomic and lightweight design.
• Preparing for the future with GS1 DataBar Code reading capability.
• Meeting variable POS needs through the availability of two multi-interface models.
• Installation and maintenance simplified through the Datalogic Aladdin™ Configuration Software.
• Assurance of hours of cordless operations provided by the Lithium-Ion battery pack (2150mA allows 50,000 reads per full charge)
• Exceptional long range reading capabilities to improve distance application needs. – EAN/UPC 13 mil – 3.0 cm to 60cm/ 1.2 in to 23.6 in and 40 mil – up to 140 cm / up to 55 in.
• Remarkable reading width range – 13 mil 31.8 cm from nose, 25.0 cm wide/ 12.5 in from nose, 10.0 in wide.
• Drop resistance of 1.8m / 5.9 ft. provides outstanding durability and reliability
• Exceptional Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through longer product life cycles due to solid-state electronic technology and 3-year factory warranty.
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
• A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
• Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
• Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries, including the U.S.A. and the EU. Datalogic Aladdin; Datalogic STAR-System, and Datalogic STAR Cordless System are trademarks of Datalogic Scanning Group Srl. Gryphon is a trademark of Datalogic Scanning, Inc. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit www.scanning.datalogic.com, email email@example.com, or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.