FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Datalogic Scanning Gryphon GM4100 I Base Station Now Offers Anti-Counterfeit Detection Capabilities
Eugene, Oregon, March 8, 2010 – Datalogic Scanning’s acclaimed Gryphon™ data capture product line just became stronger with the addition of its newest offering – the Gryphon™ I GM4100 Base Station that introduces a unique anti-counterfeit testing option. This innovative feature which provides the capability to detect counterfeit money and verify ID document authenticity is available for both the 433 MHz and 910 MHz models of the Gryphon I GM4100 reader.
“Datalogic Scanning is excited to bring this new enhancement to our Gryphon I GM4100 base station to the marketplace,” states Pietro Todescato, General Manager, Handheld Scanning Business Unit. “This unique base station allows the operator to visually detect counterfeit money, as well as verify documents such as passports, credit cards, travel/event tickets and travelers checks. We are always looking for ways to improve the ROI (Return on Investment) for our customers that choose our products. We think this great new feature does that.”
This option offers a simple solution in the verification of bank notes and ID Documents, while maintaining the basic features of the standard Gryphon GM4010 Base Station. UV Counterfeit Detection is integrated into the base station through the presence of eight special UV LEDs. These lights offer the user the ability to check for embedded markings found on money and ID documents such as passports, driver’s licenses and national ID cards through the use of UV fluorescent technology. The operator simply holds the item being verified under the LED lights to check for the presence of the markings.
By incorporating this unique feature into the scanner base station Datalogic has enabled its customers to avoid the extra expense and additional counter space needed for freestanding UV detection equipment.
The Anti-Counterfeit Gryphon GM4010 Base Station is available on the Gryphon I GM4100 reader and joins the globally recognized Gryphon family line-up, which represents the premium line of offerings found within Datalogic’s group of handheld readers. All Gryphon readers feature Datalogic Scanning’s patented ‘Green Spot’ for good read feedback. Other available options include; corded or cordless and 1D or 2D label decoding. The cordless models offer either the Datalogic STAR Cordless System™radio or Bluetooth® Wireless Technology.
• The Gryphon BC4010 anti counterfeit base is available for both the 433MHz and 910MHz Gryphon I GM4100 models.
• LED UV lights are manually powered by a button, and the duration of emission is determined by the operator.
• LED UV lights enable the operator to verify fluorescent markings on money, ID Documentation, event tickets, and other documents were authentication is needed.
• Increase ROI by detecting counterfeit payment methods.
• No extra counter space needed for the implementation of this product with the GM4100 reader.
• Shares the same cables, power supplies, stands and holders used for the standard Gryphon GM4100 readers.
• Gryphon GM4100 reader supplies fastest speed to read, optional 3key keypad, batch mode capability, drop resistance 1.8m/5.9 ft, Datalogic patented ‘Green Spot’ good read feedback, point-to-point and multi-point transmission, IP52 particulate and water sealing rating.
• 3-year factory warranty.
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
• A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
• Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
• Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic. S.p.A. in many countries including the U.S.A. and the E.U. Datalogic STAR Cordless System is a trademark of Datalogic Scanning Group Srl. Gryphon is a trademark of Datalogic Scanning, Inc. Other brands and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit www.scanning.datalogic.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.