FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Datalogic Scanning Unveils Next Generation Cordless PowerScan® Rugged Imager
The PowerScan® PBT7100 Industrial Bar Code Imager incorporates Datalogic’s Patented “Green Spot” and Cordless Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Eugene, OR, March 9, 2009 – Datalogic Scanning is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the next generation affordable PowerScan® PBT7100 industrial handheld linear imager. Offering best-in-class performance, the PowerScan PBT7100 reader is ideal for high-volume mobile industrial applications at instinctive as well as long range reading distances. This new imager is the perfect solution for users that require a snappy, rugged and durable handheld cordless scanner with best-in-class performance and features in an ergonomic, robust, and IP65 rated enclosure.
PowerScan® Products - Building on a Heritage of Product Excellence
“The new PowerScan PBT7100 imager builds on the successful, world-renowned heritage of the PowerScan® 7000BT imager as the most durable and rugged industrial handheld imager available on the market today. Two of the largest transportation companies who use PowerScan products can’t be wrong,” remarked Nick Tabet, Vice President of Handheld Marketing. “This generation of PowerScan imagers has been improved with the addition of Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology, which our customers love for its intuitive code positioning and good-read feedback in noisy environments. None of our competitors can offer comparable product technology.”
PowerScan® Portfolio of Industrial Readers
The PowerScan portfolio continues as the most complete line of industrial handheld readers available in the global market today, offering a premium and a value line, laser or linear imaging, and corded or wireless technologies. If your application requires a rugged handheld reader, ask for the best—demand a PowerScan!
PowerScan® PBT7100 Imager Delivers the Best Rugged Handheld Technology
• Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology provides visual confirmation of a ‘good read’ which is especially helpful when working in noisy environments, improving the user’s experience and increasing the speed of scanning operations. No other scanning vendor can provide this distinctive feature.
• The PowerScan PBT7100 imager is a true ruggedized product, solid-state technology with no moving parts, industry-leading robustness and reliability protect your investment while reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO):
• An over molded case covers likely drop points; prevents the scanner from slipping off counters; resists multiple drops, strong shocks and repetitive tumbles; adding extra protection.
• An industry-leading IP65 rating is sealed to dust and water, protecting internal components.
• A wide temperature range allows the same device to operate indoors and outdoors—even in freezing environments.
• The fastest industrial scanner available, a snappy and powerful decoder reads up to 390 scans per second, making it ideal for sorting, postal and logistic applications.
• The PowerScan PBT7100 imager easily decodes hard-to-read, poorly printed and even damaged bar codes, increasing effectiveness and efficiency.
• An innovative and unique optical design combines normally incompatible reading features: high resolution, long range and the widest Field of View on the market reads wide codes at closer distances
• With a Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.0 Class 1 radio, this product is the ideal tool for secure, reliable and fast cordless data capture allowing mobility over a very large workspace—up to 100 m / 328 ft.—and memory storage for out-of-range transactions.
• The easily replaceable Li-ION battery scans over 22,000 transactions in 16 hours, guaranteeing complete coverage for at least two eight-hour shifts.
• Optional ‘pulsing’ Aimer with Timeout Feature improves performance when reading bar codes at long distances, increasing the operator productivity.
• Datalogic’s Aladdin™ Configuration Software simplifies and improves both installation and maintenance, decreasing the pain of software and firmware upgrades and bar code symbology updates.
• With built-in ‘Multi-interface’ on the cradle, enjoy complete connectivity, cost-free migration and stock optimization for resellers while protecting the end user’s investment.
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
• A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
• Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
• Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries and Datalogic Aladdin is a trademark of Datalogic S.p.A. PowerScan is a registered trademark of Datalogic Scanning Inc. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit www.scanning.datalogic.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.