FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Rugged, Versatile and Mobile 2D Data Capture Solution - Datalogic Scanning’s PowerScan® PM8500 Imager
Eugene, Oregon, July 24, 2009 – Datalogic Scanning pioneered industrial grade handheld scanners for the toughest industrial applications. The demands of this harsh environment are ever increasing. The ability to read 2D bar codes and wireless mobility are becoming must-have features. In its latest offering, the new cordless PowerScan® PM8500 Imager, Datalogic stays a step ahead of these needs. This versatile 2D reader is ideally suited for a wide range of applications in warehouse, manufacturing/work-in-progress, transportation and healthcare applications.
“The PM8500 is designed for ease of installation, intuitive usability, ergonomic styling, and high reliability, fitting the productivity needs of today’s industrial users,” remarked Pietro Todescato, General Manager of Handheld Marketing. “Of course this new industrial imager includes Datalogic’s 3GL™ Technology which features our ‘Green Spot’ Technology and the ‘Double Good Read LED™. These features are very popular with our customers because they offer the operator reliable feedback in any working condition or noisy environment. The selection of Datalogic PowerScan products by two of the world’s largest transportation companies to meet their scanning needs testifies to the quality of our industrial line. “
The PowerScan PM8500 Imager features Datalogic’s STAR Cordless System™ for its wireless communications. This scalable system offers the ability to cover a wide working area, eliminates the limitations of cabled devices, and provides a safer and more efficient work environment. In addition it is free from Wi-Fi infrastructure interference.
PowerScan® Products – Meeting the Demands of Industrial Environments
The PowerScan PM8500 Imager joins the highly acclaimed PowerScan family of industrial scanners, known for their rugged durability. The PowerScan 8500 set of products is part of Datalogic Scanning’s premium industrial scanners. As part of the family it is compatible with the radio and accessories of the PowerScan PM8300 scanner.
The PowerScan portfolio of products continues as the most complete line of industrial handheld readers available in the global market today, offering a premium and a value line, laser, linear imaging, 2D and corded or wireless technologies. If your application requires a rugged handheld reader, ask for the best – demand a PowerScan!
PowerScan® PM8500 Imager – Designed for Productivity, Mobility and Reliability
• Communication between operator and host through the 3-key pad and backlit recessed graphic display.
• Outstanding 1D and 2D reading capabilities guaranteed by the mega-pixel sensor, already proven in the PowerScan PD8500 Imager.
• Improved reader feedback in noisy work environs through the trademarked Green Spot / ‘Dual LED Good Read Feedback’ and loud beeper.
• Intuitive 5 Dots aiming mechanism using a “double click” trigger allows accurate alignment with the desired bar code on a menu sheet or pick list.
• Point-to-point and point to multi-point (32 scanners per base station) connectivity offered through the STAR Cordless System for Narrow Band Radio communications – available in both 433Mhz or 910 MHz radio frequencies.
• Batch mode capability: over 1MB of memory available with the ability to download stored data both automatically and manually to host.
• Available interfaces: RS-232, Keyboard Wedge, Wand Emulation and USB in the BC8030 base station. In addition to these four interfaces, RS-485 interface is available in the BC8060 base station.
• Robust plastic and rubber case offer resistance in multiple drops, strong shocks, and repetitive tumbles while helping to prevent the scanner from slipping from the counter.
• With an IP64 (with display)/IP65 (without display) rating, total protection against dust and protection against water sprayed with pressure from all directions is assured.
• Simplified installation and maintenance through Datalogic’s Aladdin™ Configuration Software.
• High density and wide angle specialized optics provides customers with the best fit for their scanning needs.
• Li-Ion ‘tool free’ removable battery pack (2,150mA), offers operating autonomy which exceeds 30,000 cycles (reading and transmission).
• Factory warranty of 3 years.
• Ideal for severe outdoor and indoor applications with operation over a wide range of temperatures (-10° to +50 °C /14° to122 °F).
Datalogic Scanning by the Numbers
• A Datalogic Scanning bar code reader is installed every 36 seconds.
• Over 3 million Datalogic handheld readers have been sold since 1998.
• Over 30,000 customers have chosen Datalogic Scanning handheld readers.
Datalogic and the Datalogic logo are registered trademarks of Datalogic S.p.A. in many countries, including the U.S.A. and the E.U and 3GL; Datalogic Aladdin; Datalogic STAR Cordless System; Double Good Read LED; and Green Spot are trademarks of Datalogic Scanning Group S.r.l. PowerScan is a registered trademark of Datalogic Scanning Inc. in the U.S. A. All other brand and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Datalogic Scanning
Datalogic Scanning is the recognized #1 worldwide leader in high-performance fixed position retail point-of-sale scanners and the #1 provider of handheld scanners in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), with the most complete line of general purpose and ruggedized handheld scanners available today.
Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Datalogic Scanning, a division of the Datalogic Group, serves multiple industries throughout the retail supply chain and distribution channel as well as manufacturing, government, healthcare, banking and finance sectors with a presence in over 120 countries.
For additional information about Datalogic Scanning products, please visit www.scanning.datalogic.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1-800-695-5700 (toll-free in the USA only) or +1-541-683-5700.