Bologna, September 5th 2018- Datalogic, a global leader in the automatic data capture and process automation markets, is proud to announce that Memor™ 10 mobile computer has been validated for the “Android Enterprise Recommended” program for rugged devices.
Android Enterprise Recommended is a Google™-led initiative that helps businesses confidently select, deploy, and manage the Android™ devices and services best suited to their enterprise needs. The program gives customers confidence in their chosen device, making deployments of Android more consistent, and helping ensure their deployment is current and up to date. Google requires device manufacturers such as Datalogic to meet stringent requirements in order to be validated as a rugged Android Enterprise Recommended device.
The Android mobile operating system now powers over two billion monthly active devices around the world. The latest Datalogic offering of rugged Mobile Computers includes pocket-sized to full-alpha-keyboard hand-held or pistol grip devices, industrial PDAs, and Vehicle Mounted Computers, all available with Android technology, being the leading platform for enterprise mobility.
The first Android Enterprise Recommended device in the rugged space from Datalogic is Memor 10, part of a new family of rugged Android PDA devices, offering a slim and compact design while embedding the latest 2D barcode imaging technology for high performance scanning. The Memor 10 incorporates Datalogic’s industry first wireless charging system for ultra-reliable contactless charging while still offering a one piece swappable battery. It targets Retail, Healthcare, Transportation & Logistics, and Manufacturing applications requiring a state of the art rugged Android device to automate their data collection needs.
Android Enterprise Recommended for rugged devices, means that Google has validated that the Memor 10 meets or exceeds their stringent requirements including:
- Memor 10 well exceeds Android Enterprise Recommended minimum hardware requirements for rugged devices.
- Datalogic offers regular Android security updates for the Memor 10 within 90 days of release from Google, for a minimum of five years. The Memor 10 also offers regular firmware updates to add features and/or improve performance for the device and its ecosystem.
- Memor 10 exceeds the ingress protection requirement and achieves IP65, while attaining a drop specification of 5ft/1.5m repeated drops to concrete with rubber boot (4ft/1.2m repeated drops without boot).
- Supports both Android zero-touch enrollment and QR code provisioning for bulk deployments, while also offering support from all the major EMM’s for remote management.
- Memor 10 launches with Android 8.1 and will support at least 2 additional major OS releases.
“Android Enterprise Recommended for rugged devices is a major step by Google to ensure that validated products such as Memor 10 will exceed our enterprise customer expectations. Google has now set the bar for all device manufacturers if they want to be recommended by the market leader in mobile operating systems”, stated Pietro Todescato, Group Technology Officer of Datalogic.
“We’re pleased to recognize the Memor 10 as part of the Android Enterprise Recommended program for rugged launch. Android Enterprise Recommended rugged devices must meet defined technical specifications and extended lifecycle support requirements that customers expect for their deployments,” said David Still, Managing Director of Android Enterprise Business. “We created the Android Enterprise Recommended program to help businesses choose Android devices and services that meet their needs and make IT’s job easier. We’re excited that Datalogic is collaborating with us on making this a reality.”