July 1, 2014 – Eugene OR, USA - Datalogic, a global leader in the Automatic Data Capture (ADC) market, known for cutting edge technology in the development of bar code scanners, mobile computers, and vision systems, is happy to announce the availability of the Elf™ Healthcare PDA. This ergonomic PDA boasts an enclosure made of chemical resistant plastics - enabling it to withstand daily cleaning with harsh disinfectant solutions commonly found in various healthcare settings such as Sani-cloth®cleaners, CaviWipes™ and others.
The Elf Healthcare PDA is a product line extension of the robust Datalogic Elf PDA, capitalizing on its ergonomics and proven reliability. The Elf Healthcare PDA is equipped with the Datalogic patented ‘Green Spot’ and a vibrating alert providing good read feedback while avoiding noisy beeps. These two features help to ensure quiet, restful scanning during patient bedside applications.
“In healthcare the prevention of infection is a serious concern and we took that into consideration with the new Healthcare Elf PDA” states Francesco Montanari, VP and GM of the Mobile Computer Business Unit. “Keeping in mind the growing use of 2D codes throughout various healthcare settings, we have designed the Elf Healthcare PDA with a fast and reliable 2D imager encased in specialized chemical resistant plastics to meet the needs of our healthcare customers.”
Significant feature points found in the Elf Healthcare PDA include:
- Single slot dock (SSD) available in chemical resistant plastic
- Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 operating system
- Laird/Summit embedded 802.11 a/b/g radio for enterprise-class mobile connectivity with CCX V4 certification
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology v2.0 with EDR
- Wide aspect 2D imager
- 3 Megapixel auto-focus camera with flash
- 256 MB RAM/256 MB Flash memory
- XScale™ PXA 310@624 MHz processor
- User-accessible microSD card slot compatible with SDHC
- Rugged design allowing for a 1.2m / 4.0 ft drop spec to concrete
- IP64 sealing protection rating
- Wavelink Avalanche® device management (pre-licensed)
- Pal™ Application Suite included
The Elf Healthcare PDA provides much needed mobility throughout various healthcare applications such as: Wristband identification, exam tracking, medication dispensing, bedside point of care and medication administration, specimen barcodes, blood bag traceability and breast milk tracking.